Our classroom blog is a place for us to share our hard work and to continue discussions that we have started in class. Writing comments is an important part of that process. Students should be mindful of what they post to the Internet. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I would like for them to follow.
- When you write on the blog, use your first name only. You may use your last initial but should never use your full name.
- Do not post your address, phone number, or email address on the blog.
- Never post comments that may hurt someone’s feelings or offend someone.
- Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
To write a great comment there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Your comment should be set up in letter form. You should include a greeting like “Dear Mr. Avery,” or “Dear Mr. Avery’s class.”
- Your comment should be on topic! If the post talks about Chris van Allsburg, please don’t write about how delicious chocolate is. We all agree that chocolate is delicious but that is not an appropriate place for that discussion. Please talk about Chris van Allsburg.
- You should write in complete sentences. You shouldn’t be saying things like “Hi guys! Bye!” Please write sentences such as “I think omnivore is a great animal word because it is a type of animal that eats both meat and vegetables.”
- Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Remember that you only need one exclamation mark. You will get your point across when you say, “You did an amazing job!” You DO NOT need to say “You did an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” You would not do this on your writing in class, please do not write it this way on the blog.
Remember, this blog represents our class, so make sure you always give your best effort to share great writing!